Friday 11 May 2007

Baggage!

I arrived safely in London yesterday. The flight from Ottawa was fast, the flight had to leave 1/2hr late so that we would not arrive before Heathrow was open! It was actually clear when we flew in over London and I had great views of the Thames snaking through London, Tony Blair's legacy; the London Eye and Millennium Dome, London Bridge & Tower of London and many other famous landmarks, I could even pick out Buckingham Palace and The Albert Hall.

I had been worrying I am carrying too much stuff on this trip. Normally we like to travel with just a day pack but since we are planning to camp a lot so we are lugging a bunch of camping stuff around too. But now I've changed my mind though...............while I was waiting outside the terminal for my parents to pick me up a van and a car pulled up and a guy starting unloading suitcase after suitcase. I thought it must be the luggage for a whole hockey team or soccer team or something, there must have been 40 cases stacked up on the 3 porter's trolleys. Turns out it was just a family of 4 (I suspect diplomats). So now with my one rucksack I feel like I'm travelling super light!

2 comments:

Michael W. said...

Best of luck on your trip. I'm sure you have the right amount of gear. That family sounds like Jenny and I when we went to Hawaii, we had a van full of gear for two adults and two kids.

I told Theo about your trip, seeing the lions and giraffes and zebras and he was exited. Maybe we can ship him out with you and Chris for the summer, it would be a good learning opportunity for everybody.

Cheers Mike, Jenny Theo and Xander.

Zoe and Chris said...

Mike, We'll be sure to put some pics on this blog of the safari animals we see especially for Theo! Probably a safer way for him to learn..........I can just picture Theo opening the Lion's mouth and peering in! Zoe